Circus Granados is a poetic buffoon performance with live music, magic numbers, “animal acts” and the largest soap bubbles in the world.
At a deeper level, the performance is about two people and their mutual dependency.
Circus Granados is the story of a small, travelling circus. For generations it has travelled from town to town, and has played the world. But in recent years, things have gone bad. We meet them on the road, as they get ready to camp for the night. Now there are only two artists left. Together they keep the circus running, with all the acts and traditions. During one late hour they go through a few of their acts, and we witness spectacular acrobatics, juggling, clowning, magic numbers and animal acts, all are world class.
The two artists depend on each other to keep the circus running. It can not be done alone, making this a story of two people’s shared destiny.
The performance has its roots in traditional musical buffoonery, and draws inspiration from the traditional circus, Charlie Chaplin and the Marx Brothers on one hand, Fellini’s Il Clovnes and La Strada on the other. The visual stage expression ranges from great laughs and gags to the poetic and thoughtful.
- Actors: Andreas Eilertsen og Cristina Granados
- Text/direction: Thorbjørn Gabrielsen
- Music/sound design: Andreas Eilertsen
- Set design: Geir-Ove Andersen
- Costumes: Cristina Granados
- Photo: Christina Kjellsdatter Mørk
- Target audience: Family performance for children of all ages.
- Venues: Community halls, assembly halls, schools etc.
- Power: 16 amp.
- Performance space: Ideally 8x8x3 m. but we can adapt the performance to other dimensions.
- Duration: approx. 55 mins.
- We bring all necessary technical equipment.